What Is Youth Council?
Youth Council was created by the City of Holladay to provide an opportunity to learn about and participate in local government. Youth Council organizes and takes part in community events and service projects in the area.
9th-12th grade students who reside in or attend school within Holladay City limits or attend school in Holladay
2.5 GPA (minimum)
Citizenship in good standing
Two letters of recommendation; one letter must be from applicant's school
What are some of the programs scheduled for this year?
- Actively participate in City Council and citizen committee projects
- Attend City Council meetings
- Opportunity to mentor with elected and appointed City counterparts (City Council members, City staff members, etc.)
- Youth Day at the Legislature - learning about the Utah State Legislature and how to be involved
- Service projects
- Leadership Conference at Utah State University
- Other activities
How do I apply?
You may pick up an application at City Hall.