NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE
CITY OF HOLLADAY CITY COUNCIL
THURSDAY, JANUARY 26, 2017
4580 S 2300 E
HOLLADAY, UTAH 84117
5:00 p.m. Council Dinner – Council members will be eating dinner. No city business will be discussed.
5:30 p.m. Briefing Session – The Council will review and discuss the agenda items; NO decisions will be made
PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Holladay Municipal Council will hold a City Council meeting in the Council Chambers beginning at 6:00 p.m. It is possible that a member of the Council will be participating by electronic means. The Council Chambers shall serve as the anchor location. In an effort to conserve resources, the Council has gone paperless. Council Members will be using a variety of electronic devices during the meeting.
6:00 p.m. Council Meeting
- Welcome – Mayor Dahle
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comments
Any person wishing to comment on any item not otherwise on the agenda may address the Council during the public comment period. Approach the microphone and give your name and address for the record.
Comments should be limited to three minutes or five minutes for a group spokesperson, additional time may be allotted at the discretion of the Chair. Comments which cannot be made within these time limits should be submitted in writing to the City Recorder prior to noon the day before the meeting so they can be copied and distributed to the Council.
5. 6:30 pm - Public Hearing on Proposed Rezone for Property Located at 5697 S Highland Dr. from R-1-43(one, single-family home per one acre) to R-2-8 (one duplex per eight thousand square feet –OR- one, single-family home per five thousand square feet) ( for the purpose of a three-lot, detached single family subdivision)
Jones Staff Report
6. Consideration of Ordinance 2017-01 Amending Sections 13.71.080, 13.71.090 and 13.82.200 Regarding the Use of Simulated Windows and Full Coverage Window Signs in the HV Zone (An amendment allowing flexibility in the design and placement of windows and their associated advertising for a Neighborhood Market land use in the HV zone.)
7. Consideration of Ordinance 2017-02 Amending Section 13.76.710 – Fence Heights in Front Yards (text amendment to allow six foot high fences in the front yard of one acre lots or larger)
8. Consideration of Ordinance 2017-03 Amending Provisions of the City’s Zoning Regulations Relating to the Location of Dining Clubs Within the Holladay Village Zone (An amendment limiting to no more than one "Dining Club" use on any one block face in the HV zone.)
9. City Manager Report – Gina Chamness
10. Council Reports & District Issues
11. Recess to RDA Meeting
12 Reconvene City Council in a Work Meeting
- Discussion on Earlier Rezone Hearing
- Discussion & Update on Highland Dr Intersections and 6200 S
- Discussion on Encroachment Issues w/Harmons
- Discussion on City Survey
- Calendar – schedule of upcoming meetings
February Meetings - Feb. 2, 9 & 16
RDA Meeting – Feb. 2
13. Closed Session pursuant to Utah Code Section 52-4-204 & 205 to Discuss Personnel Issues, Potential Litigation and Property Acquisition and Disposition – (If needed)
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 12:30 am a copy of the foregoing notice was posted in conspicuous view in the front foyer of the City of Holladay City Hall, Holladay, Utah. A copy of this notice was emailed to the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News, newspapers of general circulation in the City by the Office of the City Recorder. A copy was also faxed or emailed to the Salt Lake County Council, Cottonwood Heights City and Murray City. The agenda was also posted at the Holladay Library, City internet website at www.cityofholladay.com and state noticing website at http://pmn.utah.gov.
Reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities or those in need of language interpretation service can be provided upon request. For assistance, please call the City Recorder’s office at 272-9450 at least three days in advance. TTY/TDD number is (801)270-2425 or call Relay Utah at #7-1-1
Dated this 20th day of January, 2017.
Stephanie N. Carlson, MMC
Holladay City Recorder