The City Council will hold a work meeting on Thursday, March 8 at 5:30pm. THere will be a field trip at 5:00pm to the Casto Home site. The agenda is now available.
NOTICE OF A WORK MEETING OF THE
CITY OF HOLLADAY CITY COUNCIL
THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012
5:00pm Council Field Trip to Casto Home
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Holladay City Council will hold a work meeting on Thursday, March 8 at 5:30 pm or as soon thereafter. The meeting will be held in the Mt. Olympus Room at Holladay City Hall – 4580 S 2300 E. No decisions will be made at this meeting. The public is invited to observe the work session. Public comment generally is not taken during work sessions as public comments are accepted during regular council meetings on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays.
The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Welcome and Call to Order – Mayor Webb
2. Introduction and Discussion with Salt Lake Valley Health Dept. Liaisons
To facilitate communication the Health Dept has assigned staff to function as a liaison with Holladay.
a. Proposed Changes to the Noise Ordinance
3. Open Meetings and Parliamentary Procedure Training – Craig Hall
the Council is required to receive yearly training on open meetings laws and meeting procedures.
4. Discussion on Holladay Outdoor Facilities and Plaza Policies – Craig Hall
the Council will discuss which activities to allow or prohibit on the new public plaza in the Village Center
5. Discussion on Casto Home Relocation
the historic Casto Home across from Olympus Jr High will need to be relocated to make room for the new fire station
6. Preview and Update of Upcoming Public Hearings on March 22
a. Casto Home
b. CDBG Funding
c. Street Level Retail in HV
7. Discussion on Highland Dr Corridor
discussion regarding possible new zone for conversion of residential to office along Highland Drive.
8. Review of Chapter 13.06, 13.07 and Special Exceptions of the Land Use Code
update of the City’s Land Use Ordinance to comply with recent changes to State Law.
9. Discussion on Scholarship Program/Teacher Recognition for 2012 – Council Members Pace and Pignanelli
discussion on expanding the City’s scholarship program to recognize teachers as well as students.
10. Calendar – schedule of upcoming meetings
11. Other Business – as may properly be introduced
12. Closed Session pursuant to Utah Code Section 52-4-204 & 205 to Discuss Personnel Issues, Potential Litigation and Property Acquisition and Disposition –(If needed)
All details regarding the agenda items may be found online at www.cityofholladay.com
On Monday, March 5, 2012 at 10:00 am a copy of the foregoing notice was posted in conspicuous view in the front foyer of the City of Holladay City Hall, Holladay, Utah. A copy of this notice was faxed to the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News, newspapers of general circulation in the City by the Office of the City Recorder. A copy was also faxed or emailed to the Salt Lake County Council, Cottonwood Heights City and Murray City pursuant to Section 10-9-103.5 of the Utah Code. The agenda was also posted at city hall, Holladay Library, city internet website at www.cityofholladay.com and the State noticing website at http://pmn.utah.gov.
Dated this 5th day of March, 2012
Stephanie N. Carlson, MMC
Holladay City Recorder