The City Council will meet in a work meeting on Thursday, February 9 at 6:00pm or as soon thereafter as possible. Please note the start time.
The Council will meet with the Youth City Council beginning at 5pm. The agenda is now available.
NOTICE OF A WORK MEETING OF THE
CITY OF HOLLADAY CITY COUNCIL
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2012
5:00-6:00pm City Council and Youth City Council Meet and Greet in the Big Cottonwood Room The City Council Members will be visiting with the Holladay Youth Council and answering questions about the functions of local government.
6:00pm or as soon thereafter as possible– City Council Work Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Holladay City Council will hold a work meeting on Thursday, February 7 at 6:00 pm. The meeting will be held in the Mt. Olympus Room at Holladay City Hall – 4580 S 2300 E. No decisions will be made at this meeting. The public is invited to observe the work session. Public comment generally is not taken during work sessions as public comments are accepted during regular council meetings on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays.
The agenda shall be as follows:
1. Welcome and Call to Order – Mayor Webb
2. Review of Letter to County on 2300 E Project – Council Member Pace
Salt Lake County is updating its plan for 2300 East north of Holladay to the I-215 interchange. The County will hold a final public open house for the design phase on March 6th from 5 to 7pm at Rosecrest Elementary, 2420 E Fisher Lane (2940 S).
3. Discussion on Proposed Alcohol and Tobacco Compliance Program – Craig Hall
regulating establishments that sell tobacco and licensing of off-premise alcohol sales
4. Discussion on Holladay Outdoor Facilities and Plaza Policies – Craig Hall
the Council will discuss which activities to allow or prohibit on the new public plaza in the Village Center
5. Discussion on Upper Canal Safety – Council Member Palmer
Discussion on compliance with recent changes to State Law regarding the Upper Canal, which is owned by City of Holladay and operated by the Upper Canal Company.
6. Discussion on Casto Home Relocation – the historic Casto Home across from Olympus Jr High will need to be relocated to make room for the new fire station
7. Legislative Update – Council Member Pace
update on recent developments on Capitol Hill during the State Legislative Session
8. Discussion on Highland Dr Corridor – continued discussion regarding the proposed Master Plan update for Highland Drive.
9. Review of Chapter 13.06, 13.07 and Appendix B of the Land Use Code – update of the City’s Land Use Ordinance to comply with recent changes to State Law.
10. Discussion on Scholarship Program/Teacher Recognition for 2012 – Council Members Pace and Pignanelli
discussion on expanding the City’s scholarship program to recognize teachers as well as students
11. Review of Title 2 – Administrative Code – Craig Hall
brief introduction to update and review process for the administrative code
12. Review of Council Goals for 2012
Discussion continued from the Council’s annual planning session regarding long-term goals for 2012.
13. Calendar – schedule of upcoming meetings
14. Other Business – as may properly be introduced
15. Closed Session pursuant to Utah Code Section 52-4-204 & 205 to Discuss Personnel Issues, Potential Litigation and Property Acquisition and Disposition –(If needed)
All details regarding the agenda items may be found online at www.cityofholladay.com
On Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 2:30 pm a copy of the foregoing notice was posted in conspicuous view in the front foyer of the City of Holladay City Hall, Holladay, Utah. A copy of this notice was faxed to the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News, newspapers of general circulation in the City by the Office of the City Recorder. A copy was also faxed or emailed to the Salt Lake County Council, Cottonwood Heights City and Murray City pursuant to Section 10-9-103.5 of the Utah Code. The agenda was also posted at city hall, Holladay Library, city internet website at www.cityofholladay.com and the State noticing website at http://pmn.utah.gov
Dated this 7th day of February, 2012
Stephanie N. Carlson, MMC Holladay City Recorder