The City of Holladay requires that the sponsor of any organized race, run, walk, bicycle race, block or neighborhood party, parade, carnival or similar activity occurring must first obtain the City’s permission through submission of the following form (link to form). Please allow one week for application and approval process once you have submitted all required documents and fees. Please read Chapter 14.56 in the City of Holladay code for all the information, procedures and other information before requesting a special event permit.

For a complete special events permit application, you will need to submit the following:

  • Special event permit fee of $100.00
  • Limited Liability insurance at or over $1,000,000.00 naming the City of Holladay as additionally insured
  • Site plan/map of route/stations
  • Lane closure permit and fee (TBD) for any applicable lane /street closures
  • Mass gathering permit (350 or more attendees ) from Salt Lake County Health Department
  • Salt Lake County Health Department sign-off if event is selling any food, drinks, or alcohol, or utilizing amplified sound, or which may involve physical hazards

The request form can be obtained from the city office or downloaded from this link: SPECIAL EVENTS FORM. Please return the form along with other applicable information and fees to:

Angela Hummer
Special Events
4580 S 2300 E
Holladay, UT 84117

If you have additional questions please email Angie at Ahummer@cityofholladay.com or call 801-527-3890.

The Salt Lake County Health Department will need to be contacted for events selling and/or serving food, drinks or alcohol, utilizing amplified sound or which involve physical hazards. Also, events expecting 350 or more attendees will need to apply for a mass gathering permit.

Please contact them at:

2001 State Street S2400
Salt Lake City, UT 84190
(385) 468-4100