NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE CITY OF HOLLADAY CITY COUNCIL
THURSDAY, MAY 18, 2017
4580 S 2300 E
HOLLADAY, UTAH 84117
5:00 p.m. Council Dinner – Council members will be eating dinner. No city business will be discussed.
5:30 p.m. Briefing Session – The Council will review and discuss the agenda items; NO decisions will be made
PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Holladay Municipal Council will hold a City Council meeting in the Council Chambers beginning at 6:00 p.m. It is possible that a member of the Council will be participating by electronic means. The Council Chambers shall serve as the anchor location. In an effort to conserve resources, the Council has gone paperless. Council Members will be using a variety of electronic devices during the meeting.
6:00 p.m. Council Meeting
1. Welcome – Mayor Dahle
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comments
Any person wishing to comment on any item not otherwise on the agenda may address the Council during the public comment period. Approach the microphone and give your name and address for the record. Comments should be limited to three minutes or five minutes for a group spokesperson, additional time may be allotted at the discretion of the Chair. Comments which cannot be made within these time limits should be submitted in writing to the City Recorder prior to noon the day before the meeting so they can be copied and distributed to the Council.
4. Consideration of Ordinance 2017- 11 Amending Provisions Relating the Consumption of Alcohol in Public Buildings, Parks and Other Public Spaces
5. Consideration of Ordinance 2017-12 Adopting and Codifying Section 2.11.300 of the City Code Dealing with the Disposal of Surplus Property
6. Consideration of Ordinance 2017-13 Adopting Restrictions on the Use of Fireworks Within Certain Areas of the City
7. Consideration of Resolution 2017-12 Adopting the Holladay Crossroads Small Area Master Plan
8. City Manager Report – Gina Chamness
9. Council Reports & District Issues
10. Adjourn City Council in a Work Meeting
- Policy Discussion on Home Occupations
- Discussion on Proposed Tree Ordinance
- Budget Discussion – amendments, FY2017-18 budget
- Calendar – schedule of upcoming meetings
Council Meetings – June 1, 8 & 15
RDA Meetings – June 1 & 15
11. Closed Session pursuant to Utah Code Section 52-4-204 & 205 to Discuss Personnel Issues, Potential Litigation and Property Acquisition and Disposition – (If needed)
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 11:00 am a copy of the foregoing notice was posted in conspicuous view in the front foyer of the City of Holladay City Hall, Holladay, Utah. A copy of this notice was emailed to the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News, newspapers of general circulation in the City by the Office of the City Recorder. A copy was also faxed or emailed to the Salt Lake County Council, Cottonwood Heights City and Murray City. The agenda was also posted at the Holladay Library, City internet website at www.cityofholladay.com and state noticing website at http://pmn.utah.gov.
Reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities or those in need of language interpretation service can be provided upon request. For assistance, please call the City Recorder’s office at 272-9450 at least three days in advance. TTY/TDD number is (801)270-2425 or call Relay Utah at #7-1-1
Dated this 15th day of May, 2017.
Stephanie N. Carlson, MMC
Holladay City Recorder